Client: Middlesex University
Tibbalds have been Middlesex University’s Planning and Urban Design consultants since 2000. We are continuing this role on the University’s new Consultants’ Framework.
The University has been consolidating its dispersed activities in North London onto fewer but markedly better campuses. Tibbalds’ role has included:
- assessing the University’s development needs under different growth and academic scenarios;
- preparing masterplans and planning applications for major campus developments at Tottenham Hale and Trent Park;
- preparing a Civic and University Quarter Masterplan for the flagship Hendon Campus for adoption by Barnet Council and keeping it updated;
- securing planning permissions for all major University development phases at Hendon and the discharge of conditions and S106 obligations;
- liaising with Barnet Council and transport consultants to prepare and monitor a green travel plan, ensuring University expansion is sustainable;
- drafting planning and development briefs for redundant University campuses to assist in their disposal; and
- successfully making representations to secure favourable planning policies, site allocations, CIL charges and S106 obligations in Barnet’s new Local Plan and its supplementary planning documents.