Client: Local authorities, public sector bodies and private sector applicants
Tibbalds’ specialist design expertise is called upon by local planning authorities and developers to help them negotiate design issues at both planning application and pre-application stage. In several cases the local authority, as landowner, has been determined that proposals should set an example of best design practice.
We have helped local authorities secure improvements to a diverse range of developments including:
- Warwick Road Tesco, a supermarket with housing on upper floors;
- New River Village, Haringey, now developed for high density housing, some mixed use and a linear park;
- St Sampson, Guernsey, a significant development of apartments in a prominent coastal location;
- Great Western Park, Didcot, an urban extension of 3400 dwellings; and
- West Kent Coldstore, a 400 home scheme near Sevenoaks.
Our design-led approach to planning is also valued by our private sector clients, and we have secured planning permissions for many complex schemes including:
- a mixed-use regeneration scheme at Brentford Lock for Isis Waterside Regeneration;
- a new Shree Swaminarayan Temple and enabling residential development; and
- a dense, mixed-use scheme on City Road, Islington.