Our blog regularly features thoughts and viewpoints from our team. In June / July, you may have missed:
- Hilary Satchwell a Tibbalds board director and EOT director reflects on taking part in the Ownership Effect Inquiry, with the results and report – The Ownership Dividend – published by the Employee Ownership Association (the EOA).
- Jennifer Ross, Director at Tibbalds, makes the case for revisiting the Use Classes Order at a time when the pace of change in the way we live, work and play within our cities shows no sign of slowing down. Original article was published in July 2018 issue of The Planner.
- Tibbalds have introduced a new annual programme of paid annual internships to help those studying in the built environment to get a feel for life in a busy studio environment. Our first intern, Kieran Easton, has joined us for a six week period during July and August. He sets out what he hopes to gain from the experience.
- Claire Perrott, Associate at Tibbalds, looks at the strategic potential for a London wide directive to use the spaces created beneath road flyovers to attract new uses and encourage connections between communities otherwise severed by roads. Her ideas were developed as part of her participation in Future of London’s ‘Future London Leaders’ course (Round 18).
- Jennifer Ross, one of the founding directors of the practice is departing on a four month sabbatical to cycle the west coast of America. Before flying across the Atlantic to start her journey she takes a moment to reflect on 30 years of working as a planner in London, her time at Tibbalds through its various incarnations and her thoughts for the adventure ahead.
- London has (largely) welcomed the hot July we have had but our green spaces and green infrastructure has been suffering in the heat. Adam Price, Senior Planner at Tibbalds, tells us about the interventions he’s been making in his part of London to help the street trees thrive and to continue to deliver the environmental benefits they bring.
We will be posting further articles through August, so do check back for more!