High quality design is integral to good planning. Tibbalds’ expertise in bringing planning and design together guides complex development proposals smoothly through the planning process. We deliver planning permissions for clients and good quality places for people to live and work in.
Tibbalds’ planning team is design trained and works for both public and private sectors, giving us a detailed understanding of issues affecting design, planning and development from all perspectives. Positive negotiation of planning applications is a key part of our success.
One of Tibbalds’ major skills is communicating design issues in a way that everyone can understand. We advise architects on achieving and communicating urban design quality in their schemes and support local planning authorities in design-related planning negotiations. Tibbalds’ planning work includes:
- preparing and coordinating major planning applications;
- public consultation and stakeholder engagement;
- section106 and CIL contribution frameworks;
- appeals/public inquiries, particularly design-related;
- coordinating Environmental Impact Assessments;
- Sustainability Appraisal;
- policy research;
- specialist urban design advice and negotiation;
- site / area specific planning policy guidance, including Neighbourhood Plans; and
- urban design training.