Leading and coordinating a multi-disciplinary team, Tibbalds has submitted an Outline Planning Application on behalf of Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council and Hampshire County Council for the first phase of a new community at Manydown in Basingstoke.
The application includes more than 3,000 homes and follows significant engagement with local residents and stakeholders.
Proposals include the provision of:
- a new local centre, focussed around a high quality new urban square including a foodstore, a range of shops and other services, small scale employment uses, community uses, a new health centre and new homes;
- a new high street that will carefully balance the need for road capacity to support movement with the need to provide a place with a distinctive and positive character and to support other modes of transport such as buses, cyclists and pedestrians;
- a range of new homes, across a range of types, sizes;
- new community facilities to ensure that residents have good access to a range of opportunities for social and community activities;
- two new primary schools and land for a new secondary school;
- a new 101ha Country Park in the north of the Site that will provide an important new leisure resource for the wider Basingstoke area;
- three new neighbourhood parks;
- a series of green spaces, buffers, small greens, squares and other incidental open spaces designed to ensure that everyone has good access to open space; and
- new playing fields and sports facilities.
An article published in The Planner can be viewed here with more information.