Tibbalds team offers paid internship opportunities for LB Newham residents
The Tibbalds CampbellReith JV are running an internship programme during 2022 for those wishing to develop careers in the built environment and who live in the London Borough of Newham. This is an opportunity to work with a creative and exciting group of companies supporting projects that are focussed around positive outcomes for local people and places. This paid internship programme is related to our team’s design work on the Carpenters Estate and involves the range of companies working on that project including Tibbalds, CampbellReith, Metropolitan Workshop, Proctor and Matthews Architects, ECD Architects, LDA Design, Plan A, and XCo2 environmental engineers.
Note: we can only consider applications from residents within the London Borough of Newham, applications from outside of the London Borough of Newham will not be considered.
We are currently looking for undergraduates or recent graduates from a range of built environment disciplines to work with the practices in our project team.
There is a current opportunity for those with a Masters level interest in Environmental Design or Sustainability to work with consultant XCO2.
There are also other opportunities in:
- Urban design
- Town Planning
- Design management
- Landscape architecture
We are particularly keen to support those who may be struggling to access professional work experience to progress their career and develop their CV, or who have found barriers to getting the experience they need.
- Candidates will be given the opportunity to work on a range of projects relevant to their area of work and to gain valuable experience to help with CV and career development. There may be the opportunity to get involved in local Newham projects or those further afield.
- The internship will be between 4-12 weeks in length, and can be either full time or part time.
- All interns will be paid at least the London Living Wage (currently a minimum of £11.05 per hour) and pay levels will depend on the level of experience and skills they already have. They will be an employee of the company they are working with during the length of the internship. Travel expenses can also be offered in some circumstances.
- Support will be offered during the internship placement to help candidates develop their CV and career path in their chosen area of work. Following the end of their internship interns will be offered further mentoring help with next steps in their careers and including any job opportunities that may be available with that practice or other organisations within the Tibbalds Campbell Reith JV.
We are looking for people who live in the London Borough of Newham and are passionate and enthusiastic about the built environment. Due to the ongoing uncertainty regarding Covid 19, applicants should have the ability to work from home for at least some of the internship(s).
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org writing “Carpenters Internship 2022 Application” in the subject line. If you let us know which area of experience you are interested in we can send you further details and a job description in some cases.
In your covering letter please:
- Set out how this opportunity and the skills requirements outlined in the attached job description relates to your education and training to date;
- Let us know the length of internship you would be looking for (between 4 and 12 weeks), whether part time or full time, and broadly when you would be looking for the internship to start; and
- Confirm that you live in the London Borough of Newham. We may ask you to provide evidence of this at interview.
In your covering letter application please tell us about your interests, aspirations, and why you would like to work in the built environment.
The closing date for this opportunity is the 31st March 2022 but please don’t wait for then to apply or to get in touch as we will review applications as they come in.
If you have any questions about this internship opportunity and whether it might be right for you please email email@example.com with the subject “Carpenters Internship 2022”. We are happy to arrange an informal chat.
Further information about the wider JV team can be found here.