We are an experienced team of planners, urban designers and architects, committed to good placemaking principles.
We believe that good placemaking is the product of good planning, policy, and design. Our expertise lies in these key areas, and supported by a range of services, we deliver a wide variety of projects for clients across the public, private and third sectors.
We are looking for undergraduates or recent graduates from planning or urban design related degrees to join our team for a six-week paid internship role in summer 2021.
Due to the ongoing uncertainty regarding Covid 19, applicants should have the ability to work from home. Should government guidance allow, you would also be available to work in our office, based near London Bridge.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate and enthusiastic about design and places;
- Has the ability to think on their feet;
- Is accurate and thorough in undertaking their work;
- Enjoys working as part of a team and independently;
- Can communicate well with others;
- Is comfortable using MS Office;
- Has knowledge of Adobe CC software and Vectorworks (desired – training will be given if required);
- Is available to work 7 hours a day Monday to Friday, although we would be happy to discuss other arrangements to fit around childcare or other commitments e.g. education or caring responsibilities. Two days of paid leave will be included in the six-week full time role.
- Is available to start the six-week internship from the beginning of July 2021.
This is an opportunity to work with our practice supporting innovative projects that are focussed around positive outcomes for local people and places.
As an intern you will earn the London Living wage. During the internship you would be an employee of Tibbalds Planning and Urban Design.
To apply, send a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com writing “Summer Internship Application 2021” in the subject line.
In your application please tell us about your interests, aspirations, and why you would like to join our team. If you are interested in a design role, please include up to three A3 pages from your portfolio with your application.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Closing date: 16th April 2021