Bolsover Public Land Disposal strategy
Delivering affordable housing to meet local needs
Two Councils, Bolsover District Council and NE Derbyshire District Council, have developed a strategy to bring forward council-owned sites for residential development. The package includes Housing Revenue Account (HRA) sites and General Fund (GF) sites. The aim is to deliver 100% affordable housing on HRA sites, partly cross-funded by market housing on the GF sites. We were appointed to provide advice on how to bring these sites forward for development.
- Project Deliverables:
- Eight sites developed to date
- Bolsover District Council and NE Derbyshire District Council
- CampbellReith, Aspinall Verdi
- Bolsover, Derbyshire
Eight projects have been completed and the development is ongoing.
We were the planners and masterplanners on this project, leading a multidisciplinary team with CampbellReith acting as consulting engineers and Aspinall Verdi as property and regeneration consultants.
With over 30 sites to consider, the multidisciplinary team led a rolling programme of assessing development potential. Each site was considered in a two-stage process. The first stage was undertaken to a tight timescale and budget and provided:
- a review of planning policy and urban design constraints and opportunities;
- an engineering review of vehicular access, utilities, ground conditions and flood risk;
- for GF sites, an analysis of the local residential market;
- for HRA sites, liaison with the Council to establish housing need;
- a viability assessment of development options; and
- recommendations for next steps tailored to the specific issues of each site.
The second stage for each site involved completing the recommended next steps which included a range of approaches:
- submitting outline planning applications;
- undertaking further feasibility work; and
- producing and agreeing Development Briefs with planning officers for inclusion in the tender pack to the Developer Panel.
Below are some of the key people that worked on this project.
Start the conversation...
Learn more about Bolsover Public Land Disposal strategy and other projects by contacting one of our team
Call us on 0207 089 2121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org